a glimpse...

Soo i had quite a few reservations with starting a blog...one being im not quite sure i have much to say worth your time. But im trying it out. The last nine months of my life have been a whirlwind and definately not the way i would have imagined or planned... Here's a glimpse of my life and my mind and my heart. I welcome you to be apart of my journey as the Lord, in his faithfulness and goodness, guides my paths and teaches me about life and about his Character.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010


So i couldn't resist!! I did a little therapy shopping yesterday! and it felt sooo good! Haha this is a common struggle of mine but i didn't go crazy at the mall or anything just three new shirts from my favorite store Lizard Thicket!

I just keep being reminded through this really difficult time of Gods faithfulness. Psalm 33 says ALL THE WORK OF THE LORD IS DONE IN FAITHFULNESS! And it is so true. There have been so many times this past year when i have been deeply disappointed and discouraged and even doubtful that the Lord has my best interest in mind. However even despite my unbelief he proves himself faithful every time. Even in the most minor details of timing he is sovereign and works all things together for my good. There are so many truths and promises in scripture to hang onto.

Last night we had a really good talk with dad and i think we all got a little bit of closure. Because of the aphasia we've had a really hard time trying to figure out what he's thinking and feeling about all this. Last night he was able to really communicate about several things and denies feeling and fear or anxiety and claims to feel peace and a little sad. I get the sense that he truly is very calm! He was able to express a little bit about recent moments with his older brother who refelcted on dad's life and what a testimony and role model he had been for his whole family. He has been such a teacher and servant to everyone in his life. Everyone talks about how the lord will say "well done my good and faithful servant" when you get to heaven and i truly think he will say that to dad. He has done so much kingdom work it was his whole life! Everything he did was an overflow from his deep love of his Father. We were able to assure him not to worry that the Lord is gonna continue to take care of us just like he has done so well all these years and we talked about all the good times when we're all reunited in Heaven.

Sometimes I just get this super strong urge for him to hold me! thankfully right now i can enjoy that... But im gonna miss that when he's gone. He gives the best hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment