a glimpse...

Soo i had quite a few reservations with starting a blog...one being im not quite sure i have much to say worth your time. But im trying it out. The last nine months of my life have been a whirlwind and definately not the way i would have imagined or planned... Here's a glimpse of my life and my mind and my heart. I welcome you to be apart of my journey as the Lord, in his faithfulness and goodness, guides my paths and teaches me about life and about his Character.

Monday, August 9, 2010


Well I've decided to start a blog! - Im lounging on the couch next to my nephewpuppy chewie who sleeps soo weird! -

Anyways Im sitting thinking about what i would like my father's 'memorial service' to look like (mom says FUNERAL's are too sad so she wants a memorial service lol) Anyways its so bittersweet. While i can have full confidence that my father will see His creator soon and enjoy the reality of Heaven, loosing him is still so hard! I thought i would be prepared for this moment. I thought i'd really lost my dad about a year ago when he developed a brain hemorrhage which took his ability to communicate away. Slowly his personality and quality of life began to disappear and the man i took care of every day the man i knew as my father for 20 years was slowly turning into someone i didn't recognize. I thought i would be relieved... that he would be in a better place and we would't be tortured to keep watching him waste away...But Im NOT prepared. Theres no way you can be prepared. When it comes down to it, No little girl wants to loose her dad...or papa diddy as i called him. No little girl wants to think about graduating college, getting married, getting her first place, having kids, or going on vacation, without having her daddy there to look on and be proud and present in her life!

Sometimes i struggle with anger..not necessarily at God but i guess in a round about way thats the only person to be angry with because he's completely sovereign. But more often than that its just deep sadness. I watch my mom who has been the most loving and faithful wife to him for 30 years...i watch her heart being ripped out and stepped on...i watch her endure the most pain she's ever felt in her entire life...And at times i start to feel overwhelmed but thankfully i have family and friends and a personal relationship with Christ that reminds me of the Great HOPE we have. To quote carrie underwood...this IS our temporary home. And though the loss will take some time to heal...we will all get to be together again in Heaven. Sometimes its just hard to let that sink in.

But when i can remember nothing else i will remember that my God is Good and Loving and his Children will NEVER taste death because He has sent his son to take death upon himself that i may have rich abundant ETERNAL life. Yes, he is so good.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Brittney. I cannot even image what you must be going though. I wish we could understand God's plan, see the big picture. I guess we will one day. We love you and your family so much.

    ReplyDelete